Monday, June 13, 2011

Perfect Peanut Butter Cookies

Unfortunately for me I developed a huge sweet tooth during my third trimester of pregnancy.  I could not go to bed without at least 4 Pillsbury break and bake chocolate chip cookies...after R was born I refused to buy these because it was no longer acceptable for me to gain insane amounts of weight.  During my withdrawal period I starting baking my own cookies and convinced myself this was a healthier alternative.  I decided that a peanut butter cookie would be best...you know because of the protein.  I also decided that if I threw in some oats I would really be on the right track.  After several rounds of making these healthy cookies I finally got the recipe right.  I hope you enjoy!  xoxo

Ingredients:

1 cup creamy peanut butter
1 cup light brown sugar
1 egg
1/3 cup of oats
2 T honey
dash of cinnamon

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350.  Combine all ingredients and stir until well mixed.  Roll into 1 inch balls and place on ungreased cookie sheet.  Bake for 10-12 minutes and then cool. 

These are so easy and quick...I think you will love them!  Don't forget that if you want to give them a little veggie boost you can substitute 1/3 cup of sweet potato puree for the egg.  If you do this they will need to cook a little longer.  Let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment