Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Heels, Hats and Happiness

I LOVE great shoes and truly believe that most people look better in heels!  I am also a huge fan of accessories...I mean let's get real, what girl isn't?!?!  As I watched the Royal Wedding I was in awe of the beautiful hats that were a fashion must at the big event.  I think that getting dressed up and putting on a little something extra can be so much fun!  With all of that being said, last Friday was a perfect afternoon!  I had the pleasure of hosting a party in honor of my sweet sister Connor and two of her adorable friends, Ann and Emma.  These precious girls, along with eight other dolls, just started there debutante party season.  They will be honored at several parties over the next two weeks and I am jealous of all the fun they are going to have.  The party that I helped host was a High Tea.  My grandmother, Mimi, is the one who first came up with this brilliant idea (way back when Logan was a deb).   All of the girls attended, along with their mothers and grandmothers.  Everybody looked wonderful and nobody forgot their hat or gloves. I loved celebrating such a great group of girls and I  don't think the party could have been better!




The tables looked stunning and were just perfect for High Tea.  It was so fun to have an excuse to use beautiful china, crystal and silver.  A HUGE thanks to my mom for doing the flowers!  Can you believe how talented she is???

All of the hosts

Mimi and her precious friends, Bobby and Mary


Stuffed tomatoes topped with almond slivers

Puff pastry filled with Brie and sliced pear

Puffed pastry filled with spinach and feta
Cucumber bites topped with boursin, asparagus spear and olive

Key Lime Tarts

Petit Fours

We also served chicken salad sandwiches, brownies, cake balls, and fruit!  A big thanks to the Abilene Woman's club for catering!

Such a cute group of girls!

We love Coco!

I love this picture...the hats are all so great!

At the end of the party each honoree was given a box full of puzzle pieces and the girls worked in teams to put the puzzle together.  Each puzzle was a different picture of Connor, Emma and Ann.  Such a cute idea, way to go Mimi! 


Cheers to a great party and a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment